1. Gain Inspiration: It is easy to get into a routine during the day-to-day operations of your business and forget that there may be a better way to do something. It’s vital to get outside of your own head to get a fresh perspective, trigger your creativity, review incoming information objectively, and add new context to the data you are gathering so you can use it effectively. Going beyond what you do and see each day to explore collaboration can be inspiring and help you think in a new way.
2. Grow Your Network: Successful entrepreneurs have a common interest in meeting new people and building a list of contacts and colleagues. Being successful in business requires that you consistently make connections and form alliances. While every contact you make may not result in collaboration, every time you reach out to someone to explore the possibility, you are expanding your network.
3. Educational: One of the biggest benefits of collaboration is the opportunity for learning. In fact, every interaction you have with someone outside of your immediate circle can teach you something valuable. Some of the most successful collaborations involve two professionals who bring two very different skill sets, perspectives, and strengths to the table. When this happens, you are certain to be surrounded by learning opportunities.
4. Solves Problems: There is a reason crowdsourcing is so popular; there is an undeniable power in numbers. If one person can't accomplish something on his or her own, two or three or more people may be able to get it done. The harder the problem is to solve, the more we can benefit from getting the input of someone outside of the situation. And when you add new viewpoints and experiences to the mix, the end result will often transcend what you originally set out to accomplish.
5. Collaboration in Action Is Win-Win: The beauty in collaboration is that we all bring different things to the table. Your collaborator can offer something to your clients that maybe you can’t, and vice versa. Together you can take your businesses to the next level and bring in new opportunities.
More info at