Kama Burton is a Speaker and Trainer, with an emphasis on Leadership, Motivation, Fair Housing Practices and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Her passion for teaching has opened an opportunity and she has been teaching as an Adjunct Professor at Moreno Valley Community College teaching a pre-licensed Real Estate Course since 2018.
Kama believes in leadership and serves on her local Board since 2015 and is excited to be the 2021 President-Elect Inland Valley Association REALTORS®. At the State(C.A.R) level, she is currently a Director serving on the Executive, Federal, and Legislative Committees, and at the National Level(NAR), she is a member of the Fair Housing Committee Giving back to the community is a priority in her life.
Since 2015, she has mentored over 400 girls to help them discover their full potential through Self love, Self worth and self esteem through her weekly Girls Club and yearly Girls Conferences. Kama is also the author of her 1st published book, I fell in love with His promises.
In this episode, Kama shares with us about how she started her business during the pandemic, the importance of teaching and volunteering to the community, and doing things she’s passionate about (like writing her own book) outside of real estate. She also talks about organizing a non-profit that helps girls learn to themselves. Make sure to tune in until the end because Kama sure gave us a lot of inspiration to start giving back. Listen in!
[00:01 - 08:36] Opening Segment
- Welcoming Kama to the show
- Kama shares her background
- How Kama started her business during the pandemic
[08:37 - 22:19] Blending Passion and Profit
- How Kama’s nonprofit came about
- Helping others to love themselves first
- How her nonprofit blends with her real estate business
- Finding an area that you can connect to
- Giving back to the community
[22:20 - 42:11] Teaching, Writing a Book, and Volunteering
- Teaching as something that Kama loves to do
- Importance of being educated in our industry
- Proactive in keeping up with all the changes
- How teaching and learning provides a more sense of community
- Experience with writing a book
- Realtors don’t just have to be realtors
- Writing about something that you are an expert in
- Incorporating Volunteering in the business
- Importance of giving back to the community
- Why we need leaders in our community
[42:12 - 46:28] Closing Segment
- Importance of connecting with people
- How you can connect with Kama
- Closing words
“ I believe, as realtors, we because we sell the community we have to give back to the community.” - Kama Burton
“Just do it. Do it afraid. Just do it afraid.” - Kama Burton
“You find what you love, and you just do it from your heart.” - Kama Burton
Connect with Kama on Instagram!
You can connect with me, Tracey Hicks, on LinkedIn and Facebook. Check out our website, https://allthingsrealestatestore.com, so you can stay up to date on our latest promos and find the best real estate products you'll need to get your real estate life together!
Feel free to email me at email@example.com, I’d love to hear from you.
This podcast is in part brought to you by our team over at Streamlined Podcasts! Streamlined makes it super affordable and convenient for us to edit and distribute our podcast episodes each and every week. Check them out at www.streamlinedpodcasts.com for more information on how you can start scaling your message with podcasting today. Enter code: ATRE for a 10% discount off your first month of editing services!
PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW + Share with your Realtor® friends who want to step up their real estate marketing skills!