EPISODE THIRTY-THREE: Getting Your Real Estate Life Together with Eric Simon aka The Broke Agent
Content creation is one of the best ways to get more engagement from people and create connections with realtors and clients. The thing is, content creation in real estate does not always have to be so serious. It can get a little comical, too. Take it from today’s guest, Eric Simon a.ka. The Broke Agent.
As a newly licensed real estate agent in Los Angeles, Eric had no idea what to do. He cold-called, door-knocked, and sat dead open houses twice a week to no success. So, he did what he always did when he fails at something: he made fun of it. Eric escaped to social media as @TheBrokeAgent where he began posting the inner monologue of an anonymous, struggling real estate agent. The following grew quickly as the voice stood out amongst an oversaturated marketplace of luxury agents, sales gurus, and assholes.
After six years of memes, GIFs, skits, comics, blogs, and now a podcast, the Broke Agent brand has evolved into a media company with well over half a million followers across all major platforms. Today, Eric continues to sell real estate on the Westside of Los Angeles and run the daily operations of The Broke Agent. His focus is on growing the brand and continuing to be the go-to source for real estate entertainment, podcasting, marketing, and eventually news.
In this episode, Eric talks about content creation in real estate and what platforms he uses to get more engagement from other realtors and clients. He also shares his thoughts on the hottest social media platforms today and why consistency is key in producing content. Join us and listen in!
[00:01 - 11:01] Opening Segment
- Welcoming Eric to the show
- How Eric got into real estate
- Gaining knowledge about real estate as an assistant
- Getting his license and becoming his own agent
- How he began creating content
[11:02 - 31:07] “The Broke Agent” Talks About Content Creation in Real Estate
- How Eric manages to produce content on different platforms
- Where he gets the photos he uses from
- He talks about his posts that didn’t work
- The different types of content Eric produced
- Eric on making a business out of content creation
- The switch Eric had to make about his content
- Agent-to-agent content vs. agent-to-client content
- Why consistency is the key in successful real estate content creation
[31:08 - 52:00] Get More Engagement from Realtors and Clients Through These Platforms
- Eric talks about his podcast, “Over Ask”
- His thoughts on Clubhouse, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Reaching more people on TikTok
- Why Eric would love some help in content production
- The importance of interacting with your audience
- Eric on answering DMs
[52:01 - 58:52] Closing Segment
- How you can connect with Eric
- How long it took for Eric to build his Instagram feed
- Closing words
“The good news is there are so many creatives now that are realizing that humor in real estate is a great avenue to go down, that they're producing so much.” - Eric Simon
“Having an engaged audience is way more important than just the numbers. And it takes a long time. People get discouraged after posting a few times and not getting that immediate feedback. It is discouraging, for sure, but it's a massive process.” - Eric Simon
Connect with Eric at @TheBrokeAgent on all social media platforms!
Check out Eric’s website and YouTube Channel!
You can connect with me, Tracey Hicks, on LinkedIn and Facebook. Check out our website, https://allthingsrealestatestore.com, so you can stay up to date on our latest promos and find the best real estate products you'll need to get your real estate life together!
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I’d love to hear from you.
This podcast is in part brought to you by our team over at Streamlined Podcasts! Streamlined makes it super affordable and convenient for us to edit and distribute our podcast episodes each and every week. Check them out at www.streamlinedpodcasts.com for more information on how you can start scaling your message with podcasting today. Enter code: ATRE for a 10% discount off your first month of editing services!
PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW + Share with your Realtor® friends who want to step up their real estate marketing skills!
Leave a comment